Thursday, October 18, 2012

Into the Wilderness Again || Personal

Fall is definitely one of my favorite seasons. Crunchy leaves, apple cider, pumpkins, apple picking, jackets, scarves, and Trader Joe's having everything pumpkin flavored (I'm kind of addicted to their pumpkin ice cream!) There's no better place to experience fall than in the north woods; the leaves are prettier, the wind is fiercer and the distractions are few. 

On Friday morning my good friend Sarah and I bundled up and made the road trip up to my lake house. Some good mix CDs and coffee to accompany us, there was not a moment of silence. I can talk for hours with that girl about Jesus, future and our love of pumpkin. The best part about our arrival...we got there just as the golden hour was starting! Perfection. It was a great weekend of small town, serenity, heart-to-heart, late night chatting, midnight baking, Jesus goodness.

We made pumpkin pancakes every morning and explored the small town before it got dark around 4 in the afternoon. Homemade pizzas and plenty of baking every evening. We sipped on pumpkin tea and cider throughout our hours and hours of challenging and inspiring chatter. Weekends in the wilderness always do my heart well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...