Monday, January 14, 2013

December in Instagrams || Personal

Yes, I am doing a December recap mid-January...better late than never, right? January has been a tad crazy and I guess you could say I'm a bit behind on my 2012 recap posts and all that but December was an exciting month so I figured I should still fit it in :)

December was full of no snow, surprisingly mild days, cookie decorating, the smell of christmas trees, a warm puppy named ellie to cuddle with, early breakfasts, nature hikes and joy. Even though it's mid-January I feel like Christmas has not passed and it's not even a new year yet. Funny how time flies and the feelings our seasons bring us determine things.

Just a few short days after the celebrations had passed, I took a flight to Atlanta, GA with a few friends to attend Passion 2013. Passion is a Christian conference for college students. You can learn more about it here. It was good so good to be back and a privilaege to experience the community and unity in Christ. I'm always amazed at the things that the Lord shows me during those days. I can't explain the feelings of pain hearing all the stories of the 27 million trapped in slavery. Slavery still exists. Did you know there are more slaves now at this point in time than at any other point in history? And the scary part is that almost no one knows it! I'm looking forward to writing more about this but for the time being I encourage you to go to slaveryfootprint.org and enditmovement.com.
Together we are a force for good.








Better late than never...? So looking forward to what 2013 has in store for the blog and many other things. Hope 2013 has started off well for all of you, dear friends :)

Love,
Alison

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...