Thursday, September 27, 2012

Week 39 || Project 52

Having class five days a week is definitely not ideal...not a fan. BUT Tuesday's and Thursday's are highlights this semester. I'm taking an alternative processes class and I get three and a half hours twice a week to get all my creativity and craftiness out :) Last week I spent my time working on cyanotypes.

The cyanotype process was popular in the 20th century. The process involves using equal parts of Ammonium iron citrate and potassium ferricyanide and applying to paper or cloth and then exposing to a source of ultraviolet light with a negative or object. 



I toned the image above with tannic acid. Does this image look familiar to you? I made some negatives from a few weeks ago... Hope you are having a lovely, fall-filled week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...